Latest School Information and News
- Icknield has been rated 'Good' by Ofsted. Please read the full report on our Ofsted page
- Icknield Community College achieved its best ever results yet again this summer - Read the full GCSE results 2016 Press Release.
- The school uses RM Unify, Show My Homework, and GCSEpod to aid our students in their independent learning.
- View our School Prospectus
- To find out more about careers opportunities, please follow us on instagram @careersaftericc
- Read the latest School Newsletter
- To hire our facilities, please view the Lettings page
In a rapidly changing world, we want to ensure that all our students at Icknield Community College are prepared and motivated to make a difference, both now and in the future and wherever they may go. Under our guiding principle of ‘Excellence for All’ , we want all connected with the school to realise the potential they have in as many aspects of their lives as possible.
Our Ofsted Report (March 2015) stated that "The headteacher, leadership team and other senior leaders set very high expectations for the school.They have established an ethos that encourages and supports good behaviour, attitudes and learning." Collectively, students, staff, governors and parents work together to achieve the challenging targets of excellence we have set for ourselves.
We always aim to improve so that we can meet the needs of all students, guiding them to achieve excellence in whatever path they choose. We all take great pleasure in hearing about the successes of our students after they move on, whether at Oxford and Cambridge or completing their apprenticeship with flying colours. These successes are down to individual hard work and the individually-focused learning, challenge and support Icknield Community College keeps at the heart of its teaching.
I hope this website will encourage you to come and join us and find out more about what we are doing to shape the future of our school and the futures of our students.
Mat Hunter Headteacher
Students respect each other and their teachers, and take great pride in their school community. (Ofsted 2015)