Key principles of the School Council
- Developing a partnership that includes all members of our school community.
- Enabling our students to take an active part in school decision-making.
- Giving our students the experience of being respected and listened to.
- Encouraging students to take responsibility for issues that they would like to raise awareness of across the school.
- Learning how to present a reasoned argument even when this may be unpopular.
- Learning what behaviour is appropriate in different situations, and developing peer support for appropriate behaviour.
- Providing student voice and feedback on a number of issues, which have previously included:
- Charity donations from non-uniform days
- Improving attendance
- Environmental savings
- Equal opportunities
- ICT provision
Structure of the School Council
The Student Leadership Team
This comprises the Head Students, the Deputy Head Students, and the Senior Prefects.
This comprises students from Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 elected by their peers in each tutor group.