Pastoral systems at Icknield support and promote the shared values and aims of the school in order to achieve ‘Excellence for All’. Pastoral care is an integral part of the life of the school, underpinning the academic work of the school and working tirelessly to remove any barriers to learning by:
- Ensuring every student has a strong tutor to guide them through their time in school, delivering a daily tutoring programme that will support their learning and personal development whilst also being the first point of contact to ensure that any issues that might hinder learning are resolved in a timely manner
- Providing a curriculum that supports students personal development so that our students not only leave Icknield with an outstanding attitude to learning but are also able to be positive and active citizens with a strong sense of social responsibility.
- Having high expectations of attendance, behaviour and engagement that are upheld consistently across the school so that all students can focus on learning above all else.
- Developing strong working relationships with parents and stakeholders so that students are well equipped and prepared so that they can maximise their learning opportunities on transition and at home as well as in school.
- Providing early intervention where students are not on track to achieve their full potential by being proactive and creative to meet our students’ needs.
- Supporting student welfare by providing support with mental health, physical health and wellbeing.
- Maintaining tight safeguarding and child protection systems and procedures that ensure all of our students are safe in and out of school.
If you need pastoral support, this document explains who can best help you.
Other sources of online support
General support for young people
Visit The Mix
Family and parenting support
Visit Family Lives
Drugs and alcohol support
Visit Change Grow Live
Visit Winston's Wish
Visit Grief Encounter
Visit Child Bereavement UK